Changing Myself

This reflection by Afra fcJ was inspired by the FCJ Constitutions, #276.



I can only change myself….
     What I cannot accept about others
          reveals aspects of me that I haven’t fully accepted
     What annoys me about others and my surroundings
          speaks of disharmony inside me that calls out for balance
     What triggers my disproportionate behaviours
          points to brokenness within me that needs healing
     What inspires me about others
          awakens my deep desires
     and what are my deep desires
          but God’s desires in me, and for me?
I can only change myself.

The time for conversion is today,
     is now.
I don’t have to wait for tomorrow
     because there is always something I can change about myself today … now.
Conversion is continual;
     it is always now.

It does take awareness
It does need humility, and gentleness
     to change myself only
     and to do it now and always.

(I look at my Beloved,
and my Beloved smiles and says,
“I love you!”)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living Liminal Space

Building Meaningful Community

'I am, among all, most richly blessed.'