You Don’t Need to Change It

This poem is by Agustina Hartini fcJ and translated by Audrey. The original Indonesian is below.


Good Shepherd,
When I see the way you walk, I am amazed
When I hear the way you talk, I am hypnotized
When I follow your steps…
I stagger to left and right
But your gaze is enough to make me rise again
And keep walking with you
My name is Hartini; you don’t need to change it to win my heart.

*****

Gembala yang baik
Saat ku lihat caramu berjalan, aku terkesima
Saat ku dengar caramu berbicara, aku terhipnotis
Saat kuikuti langkahmu, . . . 
aku terbanting ke kanan dan ke kiri
namun cukup dengan tatapan matamu membuat aku bangun kembali
dan berjalan terus bersamamu
Namaku Hartini, tak perlu Kau menggantinya tuk dapatkan hatiku.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living Liminal Space

Building Meaningful Community

'I am, among all, most richly blessed.'